- Book Now
- Learn More
- Your Visit
- Meet Us
- Support Us
27 March 2020
Kia ora whānau,
We hope you are keeping safe. This update is to let you know what Circa and TACT are doing in response to the national lockdown and what you can expect from us over the coming weeks:
● Productions On Hold. The following productions aren’t going ahead on their scheduled dates due to the lockdown: The Artist, The Look of Love, Improv for Kids, Things I Know To Be True, Winding Up and Hir. The rest of the 2020 season is currently on hold as we monitor how COVID-19 develops in Aotearoa.
● Refunds and Donations. Our box office is getting in touch with ticketholders to the cancelled productions. Ticket refunds are in progress but please note that due to the lockdown and the limited access to secure remote technology, it is taking our team longer than usual. We are exploring options with our bank. We ask for your patience in this difficult time.
● What’s Next. The Circa Council have created a smaller Circa Covid team to lead us through the next phase. Amongst core business continuity activities, this new team are co-ordinating what we think will be an exciting interim programme of activities to keep art alive, so our community can stay connected.
● Sharing The Love. We’ve already seen so many creative alternatives to live art and helpful resources that our friends in the sector have created or shared online. We’ll be sharing our favourites on our social media channels so we can amplify the innovative work of our peers.
● Supporting Our Team. Staff are working from home to provide support for Circa during the lockdown.
● Communication with CNZ. We’re very grateful for Creative NZ’s swift work and guidance for the creative sector as they look to see how they can help. We’ve been in communication with their team and are keeping abreast of all of their announcements.
Thank you to the significant number of patrons who have generously donated their tickets. We’d also like to thank those who have donated directly or signed up to be a Friend of Circa. We’re sincerely grateful for your invaluable support, as our community moves through this with kindness and love.
If you need to get in touch while we’re all on lockdown, the best way is via email email@example.com or directly to one of our staff. Their emails can be found on our website under the ‘Meet Us’ tab.
We hope you are all following the official advice to keep you and your whānau healthy, so we can all stamp out this Covid-19 virus.
We’ll be in touch again soon with more updates.
He waka eke noa