Circa has been a champion of New Zealand Theatre for 40 Years. We receive the major part of our funding from Creative New Zealand. While this allows us to produce theatre of a high standard, we rely on a number of different kinds of support in order to encourage and develop theatre makers so that they can continue to produce work of the highest standard.
Donate Any Amount
We believe that in times of great uncertainty, the arts are more important than ever. Circa will be working our hardest to support our artists through this challenging time. Please consider donating to the theatre that so greatly needs your support.
Circa is run by a Charitable Trust. All donations are eligible for a tax credit of 33% from Inland Revenue New Zealand.
You can donate any amount here
Become a Friend of Circa
By becoming a Friend of Circa, not only do you receive great discounts to quality theatre, but you also make a huge difference to the ongoing existence of your favourite theatre! Contributions from Circa’s Sponsors, Donors and Friends are invaluable to our actors, directors, designers, technicians, stage managers and publicists. It is this support that provides the basis for Circa assisting talented creative New Zealanders to produce high quality theatre experiences.
Each Friends subscription is just $60 per annum and entitles you to:
- Two tickets at our Friends special price of $38 (normally $52) for the first two weeks of each production. The membership starts paying for itself after only two shows;
- Regular newsletters, with information on the latest shows, news of what is happening in the theatre, and profiles of some of our best-known actors, directors, and other theatre practitioners;
- Special promotions and offers for the licensed bar & cafe at Circa Theatre;
- Invites to exclusive Friend of Circa events.
1. To become a Friend or renew your Friends membership
You can do so here or call Circa’s Remote Box Office number 021 090 71773 if you prefer.
2. To update your contact information if you are an existing Friend of Circa
Please call Circa’s Remote Box Office number 021 090 71773 or contact Eleanor via the Box Office.
We would love you to be part of the Circa whānau!
Circa’s Major Sponsors provide cash and in-kind support. Their invaluable contribution enables our actors, directors, designers, technicians, stage managers and publicists to work viably while undertaking a production at Circa.
We are very thankful for the Show Sponsors who contribute to specific productions, to provide additional care when it is needed. Most of our Show Sponsors are individuals or families, whose generous philanthropy is targeted to help where it can best be used.
Theatre Artists Charitable Trust (TACT)
In 1987, Circa Theatre established the Theatre Artists Charitable Trust (TACT) to provide financial support to the creative artists (actors, playwrights, directors, etc.) during the initial stages of play production and rehearsal.
We have introduced the Arty 500 Annual Campaign – a fundraising campaign that with your help we hope can achieve its goal to raise $100,000!
You can donate by either:
- Sending a cheque to: TACT, c/o Circa Theatre. PO Box 968, Wellington, 6140 or
- Making a payment through Internet Banking.
- Account name: Theatre Artists Charitable Trust
- Account number: 01-0505-0636362-00
- Particular: <your name>
- Code: <your phone number>
- Reference: Arty 500
Theatre Artists Charitable Trust is a charitable trust registered under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 (registration number CC28898). The Inland Revenue Department allows individuals to claim 33.33% rebate for all donations of $5 or more up to the value of their income.
In 2012, we were thrilled to welcome our millionth patron to Circa Theatre! Having seated one million patrons in our main auditorium, we decided that it must be time to upgrade the seats. In 2015 we completed a campaign to raise money for new seats in our main theatre – a major piece of work that was only possible with private philanthropic support. We would like to thank the extreme generosity of the following Seat Donors, who helped us raise over $200,000 to Treat Your Seat.