Front of House Manager
Listed Thurs 2 Nov 2017
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC, PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY FRONT OF HOUSE EXTRAORDINAIRE? If so, Circa Theatre needs you!
Circa Theatre is looking to engage an experienced Front of House Manager to manage the front of house for all of its productions.
Circa is looking to offer a one year contact (with a right or renewal.) The successful candidate will be an independent contractor. Hours will vary depending on the productions but range from approximately 20 to 40 per week. The role requires flexibility and substantial weekend and evening working.
What we’re looking for
Suitable applicants will have previous experience within a similar role, providing excellent customer care within an arts or leisure environment. Knowledge of health and safety laws and regulations is required. You will have the ability to represent Circa Theatre, welcome audiences, manage a team of volunteer ushers, think on your feet, show initiative and problem solve.
Required skills and experience
• Significant front of house experience (or experience within a customer focussed environment) with the ability to lead/manage a team
• A solid understanding of health and safety laws and regulations relating to theatres and events
• Exceptional customer service and the willingness to go above and beyond
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of people
• A passion for the arts and hospitality
• Common sense, a sense of occasion, a can-do attitude and energy and enthusiasm
• Circa Council members
• Volunteer ushers
• Box Office Manager and staff
• Business and Audience Development Manager
• Incoming productions/co-ops and visiting productions
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5pm Thursday 16 November 2017.
Please contact Charlotte Bates on 022 413 6638 if you wish to discuss the contract in more detail.
Watch this Space
Job Description: Ushers for Shows
Circa Theatre relies on quality ushers to help out for our productions. Currently we are not looking for ushers but watch this space as we will post if we ever need volunteers.