Box Office Manager
Listed Thurs 8 Dec 2016
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIATIC, PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY BOX OFFICE EXTRAORDINAIRE? If so, Circa Theatre needs you!
Circa Theatre is one of New Zealand’s leading professional theatres with performances running six days a week throughout the year. We are looking to engage an independent contractor to manage Circa’s in-house box office, to start as soon as possible.
The Box Office Manager reports to the Circa Council and is responsible for the management of a small team of part-time contractors who maintain the daily operation of the box office.
On average the Box Office Manager’s hours will be 30-40 hours per week. Circa is looking to offer a one year contact (with a right of renewal).
Required skills and experience
- Experience in box office management and systems
- Finance including reconciliations and banking
- Experience using Patronbase (or other ticketing systems)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to get on with a wide variety of people
- A passion for the arts
- Common sense, sense of occasion, can-do attitude, energy and enthusiasm
- Circa Council members
- Sales and Marketing Manager and other Marketing staff
- Business and Audience Development Manager
- Incoming productions/co-ops and visiting productions
Key Services to be provided
- Management of the box office, booking systems and box office staff
- Support to marketing team
Watch this Space
Job Description: Ushers for Shows
Circa Theatre relies on quality ushers to help out for our productions. Currently we are not looking for ushers but watch this space as we will post if we ever need volunteers.