- Book Now
- Learn More
- Your Visit
- Meet Us
- Support Us
ALERT LEVEL UPDATES – NEW DATES FOR DUNGEONING & DRAGONING
Saturday 15th August: After last night’s announcement that we are remaining at Alert Level 2 we are sorry to say that the next two performances of Dungeoning and Dragoning (16 and 23 August) cannot go ahead as originally scheduled. This is due to the limited space in Circa Two for physical distancing. However, all tickets remain valid for NEW DATES of 6th and 13th September respectively! Box Office will be in touch with all patrons affected to confirm. We are really hoping that the Dungeon Master rolls the dice in our favour and we can continue to see the season through to its completion from here on out.
We’re thrilled to say that, at the moment, PSA: Election 2020 is on track to open on Saturday 22 August in Circa One with physical distancing in place. We have strict protocols and measures to keep our artists and our audiences safe. However, if you’ve bought tickets already and are concerned in any way please call the Box Office, your safety is our biggest concern.
All of us at Circa wish you the very best. Stay safe.
Note: All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, moved to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August. This will remain in place until Wednesday 26 August. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for Circa show updates.
Tuesday 12th May 2020
Friday 27th March 2020
Kia ora whānau,
We hope you are keeping safe. This update is to let you know what Circa and TACT are doing in response to the national lockdown and what you can expect from us over the coming weeks:
● Productions On Hold. The following productions aren’t going ahead on their scheduled dates due to the lockdown: The Artist, The Look of Love, Improv for Kids, Things I Know To Be True, Winding Up and Hir. The rest of the 2020 season is currently on hold as we monitor how COVID-19 develops in Aotearoa.
● Refunds and Donations. Our box office is getting in touch with ticketholders to the cancelled productions. Ticket refunds are in progress but please note that due to the lockdown and the limited access to secure remote technology, it is taking our team longer than usual. We are exploring options with our bank. Our Remote Box Office number is 021 090 71773 and is available 10am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. Please note, all pre-Lockdown phone bookings will be contacted also. To resolve outstanding bookings please contact our Remote Box Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 090 71773 between 10am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (except on Weds 29th April). Thank you for your patience in this difficult time.
● What’s Next. The Circa Council have created a smaller Circa Covid team to lead us through the next phase. Amongst core business continuity activities, this new team are co-ordinating what we think will be an exciting interim programme of activities to keep art alive, so our community can stay connected.
● Sharing The Love. We’ve already seen so many creative alternatives to live art and helpful resources that our friends in the sector have created or shared online. We’ll be sharing our favourites on our social media channels so we can amplify the innovative work of our peers.
● Supporting Our Team. Staff are working from home to provide support for Circa during the lockdown.
● Communication with CNZ. We’re very grateful for Creative NZ’s swift work and guidance for the creative sector as they look to see how they can help. We’ve been in communication with their team and are keeping abreast of all of their announcements.
Thank you to the significant number of patrons who have generously donated their tickets. We’d also like to thank those who have donated directly or signed up to be a Friend of Circa. We’re sincerely grateful for your invaluable support, as our community moves through this with kindness and love.
If you need to get in touch while we’re all on lockdown, the best way is via email email@example.com or directly to one of our staff. Their emails can be found on our website under the ‘Meet Us’ tab.
We hope you are all following the official advice to keep you and your whānau healthy, so we can all stamp out this Covid-19 virus.
We’ll be in touch again soon with more updates.
He waka eke noa
Friday 20th March 2020
We regret to announce that Circa Theatre will not be open to the public for a limited period of time while we review and evaluate the new rules around public gatherings in the light of COVID-19. This will take effect from tomorrow (21st March) and will be reviewed in the near future.
We are deeply saddened by this situation, but the safety of our audiences, artists and staff is of utmost importance.
We believe that in times of great uncertainty, the arts are more important than ever. Circa will be working our hardest to support our artists through this challenging time.
If you’ve purchased a ticket for an upcoming production, Box Office will be in touch with you next week. You can accept a refund but please consider donating to the theatre that so greatly needs your support.
We’ll keep you updated on our website and social media.
Thursday 19th March 2020
Kia ora everyone,
We’ve got an update from the Circa team.
We’re adhering to all of the latest advice from the Government and the Ministry of Health to keep our artists, staff and community safe from COVID-19.
In the short term, we have one Fringe Festival show on stage this evening and again tomorrow. The Sorry For Your Loss team would like their performance to go ahead, but we will be following the health guidelines to ensure physical distancing between people in the building. We have limited the audience size to a maximum of 50 people in the 100 seat theatre.
Looking ahead, there are no shows scheduled from this Saturday into next week, which is a chance for us to take a pause and decide on what happens next. The Circa Council is talking with our staff, artists and arts partners about what the future looks like in this unfolding situation. We’ll be in a better position to share our thinking with you all next week.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
We’d like to remind everyone of the following requirements if you’re attending the theatre either tonight or tomorrow:
For more information visit https://covid19.govt.nz/
We will continue to update you regarding any changes on our social media and our website.
Tuesday 17th March 2020
Circa Theatre is currently assessing the changing state of COVID-19 and its impact on public spaces. We’re deliberating as a team with other venues and seeking advice from the Ministry of Health.
As of today (Tuesday 17th March), we are continuing our scheduled productions but will continue to monitor the situation daily and act in accordance with the advice of the Ministry of Health and the New Zealand Government.
We’ve ensured that the building is stocked up with soap and hand sanitiser and that a culture of avoiding physical contact is in play.
Regarding the cancellation of NZ Festival of the Arts shows please see their statement on their website:
It’s business as usual tonight with our final Fringe Festival show Sorry For Your Loss in Circa Two. We hope to see you there.
Our love from the whole Circa team, we’re in this together.